[Peace-discuss] Howard Zinn speaks

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Fri Feb 15 21:27:18 CST 2008

I thought I would bask in the glory of having people think that I was
cleaver enough to have deliberately called Carl "Christ" as either an ironic
statement or one of parody before posting in response to the intentions and
meanings attributed to my statements.  You all have given me much too much
credit.  Your interpretation is the result of an unfortunate choice of
punctuation marks.  My opening articulation of "Christ" was intended as an
exclamation and should have been punctuated with an exclamation mark and not
a comma.  Next time, I will use "shit" as my exclamation rather than
"Christ" so as not to give anyone a reason to think that I am naming someone
Christ.  On second thought maybe I should not do that because they will
think that I am calling the person "Shit."  I guess I will have to learn how
to punctuate my sentences.  My skills with exclamations are bad since I
infrequently write them; I assure you that I am much better with writing
grammatically correct and well punctuated compound complex sentences, which
can be page length or better.

In passing, I am afraid that neither Carl nor John qualify to be Christ
since neither of you are Jewish. :-)