[Peace-discuss] Peretz Article -- Paper Clips

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 01:44:59 CST 2008

The collectors of the paper clips never intended to collect more than 6 million -- they only cared about getting enuff clips to represent the Jews murdered by the Nazis. But when they put out the call to schools, churches, etc nation-wide (maybe Europe too) the paper clips came pouring in, and in, and in... (Can you imagine what it takes to deal w/ 6 million paper clips??? It's a wonder the teachers, students, and parents had time for anything else that year.)

  My goodness, quite a lot of interest generated w/ this. I'd be glad to get the DVD if anyone wants to come over and watch it.
   --Jenifer

LAURIE SOLOMON <LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                But Jenifer that does not explain why they collected 11 million paper clips when only 6 million Jews were terminated.  Surely, they did not think that there were 11 million Jews killed (but given who we are talking about, they may have thought that there were 11 million Jews killed).  You know the old expression, which I just made up, “when you are in a holocaust, everyone is Jewish!”  Every white Christian fundamentalist southerner in the US knows that Jews and Communists and gays are all the same thing; and as Christ killers,  the Jews and peudeo-Jews  ( straight and gay, Communist or not, and Jewish or not)  are no better than those thieving opportunistic  money grubbing Gypsies; thus they were all Jews in one form or another.

  Of course, you all know that in the words of that great American philosopher – Red Foxx, “I am only being serious.”