[Peace-discuss] local health care crisis

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 14:47:01 CST 2008

You can add my name Ricky, if I'm not already on the petition (I get stuff from CCHCC all the time and am a long-time supporter). Thanks for doing this.
  Jenifer Cartwright
  503 Hessel Blvd, C 61820
  352-2803  jencart13 at yahoo.com

Ricky Baldwin <baldwinricky at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Folks,

Champaign County Health Care Consumers has an ongoing campaign for access to health
care, which I'm sure we can all support. The cases they dredged up, of Carle and
Christie denying care to poor people who may be sick and dying (so the clinics could
squeeze more money out of taxpayers), were the impetus for the conspiracy charges
against the clinics recently in the news. Those charges are being refiled at the
moment, but in the meantime, there's this petition drive ... (see below)

It's not necessary to have your actual signature on it (it's not a legal document like
getting somebody on the ballot, just a show of support). I'm collecting names. If you
want to be added, just email me back with all your info and I'll cut and paste :-)

For more on CCHCC and their current campaign, you can visit
www.healthcareconsumers.org.

Thanks in advance!
Ricky

Here's the petition. See if you agree:

In a healthy community, everyone has access to healthcare!

As community members, we are concerned about Champaign County residents’ timely access
to affordable health care services.

We, the undersigned, call on local, state and federal government officials and elected
representatives who serve Champaign County, and on all local health care providers,
including Carle and Christie Clinic, to work together and do their fair share to serve
ChampaignCounty’s uninsured residents and Medicaid beneficiaries, and to assure timely
access to quality, affordable health care for all Champaign County residents.

We urge you to take a leadership role in working to end the current access to heath
care crisis facing Champaign County residents who have Medicaid or are uninsured. With
your support, we can work together to create a sustainable solution that benefits our
entire community.

Name – street address – city and state – zip – phone – email