[Peace-discuss] FW: FOCUS | FBI Received Unauthorized E-Mail Access

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Sun Feb 17 13:26:22 CST 2008

Interesting how we now obscure things and disclaim responsibility by
claiming "technical glitch" or "computer foul-up" as if that absolves
everyone of legal and other liabilities that would pertain if a
person-from-the street were to break into the wrong houses over 100 times
and do damage to those houses and the people that live in them, using the
claim that they were drunk and had a human malfunction or personality glitch
which furnishes them with immunity from prosecution and absolves them from
liability.

It is also interesting that the so-called glitch was not caught immediately
by either the agency and its personnel or the ISP that was giving the
information away to the government agency, that it was not publically
reported until two years after the fact, and that it is now being justified
as being a normal nature fact of the technological world.

While this story identifies the FBI as being the violating government
agency, one has to wonder how many other government agencies are collecting
the same or similar information on the sly, have encountered similar
glitches without reporting or correcting them, and are not accountable to
anyone outside of themselves under any recognizable circumstances.  One
further has to wonder, why given past history, the Amerikan public should
take on faith that the FBI or any other government agency has destroyed the
illicit data, not used the information found it that data to gather and use
legal data, or not destroyed the actual data while filing the information
contained in it in other records and files.  I would not be at all surprised
to see information from the illicitly acquired data obtained via this
intended  or unintended glitch surface in a few years and be use to harass
or bring actions against people for whom they otherwise would not have had a
basis for doing so.

But I leave it to you to come to your own conclusions about things.