[Peace-discuss] Obama's FP expert...

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 08:51:29 CST 2008

Actually, Power scares me every bit as much as McCain. She is more clever at justifying killing people for humanitarian reasons. Rhetorically, her tactics on the program were clear: say that she disagrees with Scahill's facts, but not say why (there isn't time), and then let's move on to solve the current problem, without recognizing that the current problem is U.S. policy. It makes one long for Madeline Albright, who was at least honest about her moral ugliness. But I think the establishment has learned from Albright. It seems that we will now see our policies more often carried out by women who can put an attractive face on them. Folks really shouldn't fall for this. I'm afraid what calls itself feminism will.

  DG

Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    I'm sure Jeremy Scahill had more to say, but as it stood, Samantha Powers bested him. I was pleased that Amy let her have the last word a number of times on both days. I'll check the link. Thanks.
   --Jenifer

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  I though Scahill exposed her support for Clinton's war quite well. I posted
here an analysis of Power's views by a fairly competent reviewer last summer: