[Peace-discuss] Who Do We Vote For This Time Around?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:58:53 CST 2008

Edwards did well in Iowa -- tied with Clinton, who was supposed to win it.  That he didn't do better was not because of anti-war, anti-capitalist sentiments but because he didn't convince people that they were strong enough. He still looks like the rich guy/establishment Democrat.  They remember him as Kerry's running mate and a supporter of the war in the Senate.  Huckabee, who was even stronger in his attacks on Wall Street, garnered even more support as a result. Iowans said that the three most important issues, in order, were the war, the economy, and healthcare. --CGE