[Peace-discuss] Eight years too late...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 8 17:03:12 CST 2008

No -- it's impossible to make a correlation between what's said/done by
a president -- not even a negative one. They're just skewed.

In 1932 FDR campaigned on a promise of a balanced budget and may well
have meant it; in 1960 JFK campaigned against a "missile gap" that he
knew didn't exist; one was a conscious lie and the other just false.

And you know from reading Obama's THE MENDACITY OF HOPE that he
generally does "a good job of saying nothing while still moving his
mouth and pen."  That's his charm.  --CGE