[Peace-discuss] Pointless primary

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 14 03:29:00 CST 2008

Looking down on the electorate for being "ill-informed," in the present
media regime, is a case of blaming the victim.  Half of the eligible
voters in NH were well-enough informed to know that the primary was a
show for the media and celebrities and had nothing to do with them, and
so didn't bother to vote.

In the 2004 election, a majority of Bush voters thought that Bush
supported the Kyoto treaty (he didn't), because the treaty was
reasonable and Bush had been marketed as a reasonable man... --CGE