[Peace-discuss] arresting for crimes against the Constitution

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 14 09:21:46 CST 2008

Battleborro Vermont's petition:
Brattleboro, Vermont resident Kurt Daims has drafted a ballot question petition calling for the town to indict George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for crimes against the Constitution, and making it the law that if either man comes to town, he would be liable to arrest.

The question on the petition:
"Shall the Selectboard instruct the Town Attorney to draft indictments against President Bush and Vice President Cheney for crimes against our Constitution, and publish said indictment for consideration by other municipalities?"

One commentary about the petition:
"Our political leaders have debased themselves and rendered our Republic dysfunctional.[...] Let us support this call for an indictment. Let Brattleboro show the nation that in the current course of events, it has become necessary for Americans to take action. The current government respects neither the Constitution nor the people."
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-dewalt/will-brattleboro-indict-b_b_78319.html

"What kind of future can we promise future generations, if we let the ongoing crimes of today go unpunished, and uninvestigated by complicit parties in charge of oversight?"