[Peace-discuss] another theory for the Persian Tonkin Gulf Incident

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 14 09:56:02 CST 2008

>   Maybe the Iranians are taking it for what it is --
>   much ado about nothing

We have loads of boats and guns in the water getting as close to Iran as they possibly can. If people were pacing outside my house with loaded weapons and loud speakers just daring me to stumble off my property and onto the public area, and one of my friends just got tired of the people pacing and went up and yelled at a pacer, I'm not sure how much effort I would go to in order to explain my friend's actions either. It is going to happen again and again and no matter what I say the stalkers aren't going away.

-karen medina

Stuart wrote: > Puzzle (as the article notes): why aren't the Iranians suggesting something like this as an explanation for the incident?