[Peace-discuss] Pointless primary

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:19:17 CST 2008

At 10:24 PM 1/14/2008, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

>It's nationwide, John, not only this town. Scott Ritter sez his
>card-playing buddies say they "don't have time" to follow the news, not
>counting sports, which they have plenty of time for -- SCOTT RITTER'S
>BUDDIES, FER CRISSAKES!! -- and I KNOW many of my friends (and many
>friends of everyone on this list, I'm guessing) haven't a clue about
>what's going on in our country and world... because they're just not
>interested, NOT because the media is failing to inform them. The MSM is
>responsible for misleading the ones who actually do pay attention, of
>course... and then there are the idiots listening to O'Reilly and Rush...
>Most of those who don't vote are NOT making a statement other than that
>they REALLY aren't interested, imho. Btw, according to some recent poll or
>other, most (young) people now get their news from the Internet, a death
>sentence to newspapers eventually.
>  --Jenifer

Hahaha!  It wasn't THIS town that I was referring to.  THIS town is a
veritable hotbed of critical thinking, compared to the vast wastelands in
between American university communities.

In everything else you say above, I quite agree with you.  I too get much
of my news from the internet...and from this peace-discuss list.  Hahahaha!

Interesting factoid about Scott Ritter.

John