[Peace-discuss] Bob Blum, again

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Fri Jan 18 13:25:46 CST 2008

 From The Anti-Empire Report:  http://www.zmag.org/sustainers/content/
2008-01/15blum.cfm

…No, I don't know what we should do about our leaders. The US
electoral process which we're all suffering through right now, which
feels like it's been going on non-stop forever, is replete with
continual cries from the leading candidates about some kind of
"change". Whatever can they mean? They mean nothing. And the media
treats it all like some kind of horse race, a spectator sport. Is
there any election system in this world as lacking in intellectual
discussion, as hopelessly corrupted by money, and as undemocratic as
the one Americans are blessed with? Where else in the world is the
candidate with the most votes not necessarily the winner? If we could
interview each and every American voter to determine exactly why they
voted for a particular candidate, compared to what the actual facts
are about that candidate, and the results were widely publicized, it
would be such a national embarrassment the next election might be
called off. What does winning an election mean other than that the
sales campaign was successful? An outright auction for the presidency
would be more efficient, and more honest.
…

The rest is interesting also.