[Peace-discuss] Obama supports Israel's collective punishment of Gaza

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:59:30 CST 2008

At 10:09 PM 1/26/2008, Morton K. Brussel wrote:

>Yes, John, I'm with Carl on this one. I have no faith in Obama. Perhaps
>unlike Carl, however, I think he's better on some issues than Bush.
>Obama's advisors, many from the Clinton administration such as Brzezinski,
>Lake and Ross, do not lend confidence that he would make a significant
>change in America's imperial or corporate policies, but there are a few
>such as Lawrence Korb, who are better on such issues. On domestic issues
>not involving corporate interests, he'd probably be a big improvement over
>the current crop. But he's so vague, taken up with his own rhetoric, that
>one can't be sure of anything that he'd do.
>
>Does that suffice?
>
>Mort

Yes, Mort.  Thank you.  :-)  I had never heard/read you express yourself on
Obama before, and then suddenly here came that veritable torrent of
adjectives.  :-P  I myself don't know what to think of Obama.  As you say,
he's vague and quite taken with his own rhetoric.  He would definitely have
to GROW into the Presidency.  Somehow I have more faith of that happening
with Obama than I do with EITHER of the Clintons.  But I could be entirely
wrong.

John