[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Ron Paul & GroundHog Day

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 30 22:50:08 CST 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 07:47:51PM -0800, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:
> So... they'll be carrying their Ron Paul signs and marching w/ AWARE members,
> and AWARE will be appear to be supporting Ron Paul?? I'm NOT in favor of that
> at all!!  Somebody needs to set some ground rules on this.
>  --Jenifer

Yes, I too will be uneasy about it if there turn out to be many people
sporting Ron Paul signs.  I'm happy to demonstrate alongside Ron Paul supporters --
and I don't feel any need to agree with all the signs that we collectively
carry -- but carrying signs for a particular candidate whom many of us
couldn't support does seem to cross a line.  It feels like we're being
co-opted, in a way that co-protesting with AAEI didn't.

At the same time, as member of an anarchic group, I'm also uneasy about
trying to set "ground rules".   Still it's worth discussing.