[Peace-discuss] for more clarity on this issue

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Jul 7 23:44:59 CDT 2008

I don't understand why the people in Chicago don't get rid of Daley.  I
mean get him out of office and out of the way, not rub him out.

The government of Chicago seems almost totally incapable of performing
the most basic functions of
"securing life, liberty, and happiness" even though their populace is
taxed at horrendous rates.  Hardly a day goes by that I dont hear some
new testimony as to how poorly the city is managed, and how corrupt the
entire public system in Chicago is. Crime, theft, corruption, murders,
graft, cheating, lousy education system, and a vile wintry climate that
poses the question of why anyone willing would  live there.  I suppose
Chicagoans must enjoy crime and corruption because they never seem to do
anything to improve the situation.  Unfortunately, that armpit of a city
forms the largest population base in the state, and therefore
essentially dominates much of what we do even though Chicago is more
than a 100 miles away.