[Peace-discuss] judging results of the July 4th Parade

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 9 10:22:04 CDT 2008

[No mention of AWARE's float in the judging results, though I think the Theme Trophy would have been our category -- we best represented the theme of the parade and communicated the message of freedom. -kem]

2008 Fourth of July Parade Judging results
President's Trophy - The President's Trophy is awarded by the Champaign County Freedom Celebration Board President, Don Wauthier.  This award is selected from all entries entered into the judging.

#55       L.I.F.E.

Theme Trophy - The Theme Trophy is awarded to the entry that best represents the theme of the parade: “Honoring our Military Heroes ” and communicates the message of freedom.

#27       Gold Star Families

Floats - Floats created by amateur participants will be awarded first, second, and third place. The CCFCC professionally built floats are not eligible for awards.

First: #51       MTD
Second: #6        City of Urbana
Third: #46      RSVP

Equestrian - Equestrian first and second place trophies are awarded to horse units in the parade.

None

Antique Class - Antique Class first and second place trophies are awarded to antique vehicle units in the parade.

First: #93      Ryan Patton
Second: #67     Hubers
Third: #94      Don & Chris Patton

Judge's Choice (formerly potpourri category) - Judge's Choice first and second place trophies are awarded to units selected from all other entries.  This category includes any entry that is not a float, antique vehicle, or equestrian entry.

First: #21     AMBUCS
Second: #74    Wishes on Wheels