[Peace-discuss] Cloak?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 10 16:41:16 CDT 2008

I don't think we need a cloak, Karen. The price of corn is one of several
factors that put us at risk. Others are heavy deficit spending to pay for
war, the move of manufacturing out of the country, out-of-control
health-care expenditures and the price of oil. At some point the combined
effect will leave most Americans utterly unable to pay their bills, and
then all hell will break loose. We may be stuck with expensive corn for
now, as Wayne suggests, but war expenditures can be halted quickly.

Bob