[Peace-discuss] Iran scare

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 15 23:43:55 CDT 2008

The only flies in the ointment of this analysis is that 1) Bush is
still the Commander in Chief of the armed forces--and they will do
his bidding, 2) an election is coming up in which a military
adventure could swing the popular vote to McCain, and 3) that
rationality is not the main attribute of the Cheney-Bush gang.

What may determine what will happen is the assessment by the military
and other experts of what Iran can and will do after it is attacked.
I don't think this is clear.

I believe one should expect the worst, and fight like hell to avert
it. In that sense, I don't think this piece is very helpful. --mkb