[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] CNN Coverage on Being Black in America

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 26 10:41:50 CDT 2008

And of course lack of relevency is even more the case wrt the HS curiculum... which makes the payoff (staying in school = getting a decent job after graduation) even more to the point. And another thing: If it's true that a large percentage of those incarcerated (30 to 50% in some studies) have learning disabilities in need of treatment/accomodations, then making school interesting and relevant becomes even more of a challenge for schools... and even more necessary that there are decent jobs at the end of the road. And of course that brings us to the need for vo-tech education (which is NOT a special education program) at the HS level, for those who aren't college bound... and of course that also brings us back to the need for decent jobs after graduation.
 --Jenifer