[Peace-discuss] Hedges: only a candidate who calls for an immediate end to the war...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 30 22:25:30 CDT 2008

[The Nader campaign is circulating the following comment by Chris Hedges, whose
articles have been posted to this list.  --CGE]

Brian Lamb, interviewing former New York Times reporter Chris Hedges, asked
Hedges who he's going to vote for this year for President. "I'm going to vote
for Nader," Hedges said. "I can't vote for anybody who doesn't call for an
immediate end to the war in Iraq."

"The war under post-Nuremberg laws is a criminal war of aggression. It's
illegal. We have no right as a nation to debate the terms of the occupation. We
have no right to be there."

Hedges is just out with a new book, with Laila Al-Arian, titled "Collateral
Damage: America's War Against Iraqi Civilians."

He's the author of two other anti-war classics: "What Every Person Should Know
About War" and "War is a Force that Gives Us Meaning."