[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: [ronpaul-207] For our neo-con friends]

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 5 11:43:12 CDT 2008

This can't be a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention to the matter,
but Patrick Cockburn as usual knows where the bodies are buried...

In recent weeks we've seen a flurry of activity in which the USG -- mostly by
discussion and debate within the military (with dumps to favorite journalists)
-- is setting the parameters for its Mideast War for the next several years.
The overall policy has been consistent for generations (viz., the US must
control Mideast energy), the strategy seems to be largely in place (occupy Iraq,
intimidate Iran, etc.), and only the tactics are matters of discussion (e.g.,
air attacks or just special ops for Iran?).  Of course even these are mostly
insulated from politics, as we see the disagreements between McCain and Obama to
remain mainly rhetorical.

I presume Obama will consider something like this "accord" to be a matter of our
"being as careful getting out as we were careless getting in"... --CGE