[Peace-discuss] Obama's racism

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 5 11:54:16 CDT 2008

There is a simple solution (East Jerusalem as the capital of a viable
Palestinian state) as the whole world has realized for years.  You're right that
there are powerful people -- the USG and the Israeli government -- who reject it
(with the former by far the more important).  The USG has recently shown signs
of movement on the issue, which terrifies the IG and the Israel Lobby; that's
why they're so frantic to get Obama on board, and he swarms up willingly.

The position of none of the parties is irrational (an exception might be made
for some religious fanatics), although some are vicious, notably ours.  --CGE