[Peace-discuss] the inner Obama, the inner AWARE

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 17:54:53 CDT 2008

Of course the trouble with things that people "have to say to get
elected" is (apparently) that people then have to keep saying them to
get re-elected, then to keep their party in power, etc, etc.  And
naturally it makes no difference whatsoever what they "really believe"
anyway ...

But on that at least we can agree here, I think.  And even if we don't
precisely agree on which parts of a speech like this are worst, we DO
agree that Obama's statements on Israel are horrendous and frightening,
and that sabre-rattling at Iran is wrong.

And it's much more important to preach to folks outside the choir (as
we generally acknowledge) ... and - in my opinion - it's best, when
doing so to be as specific as possible.  Most people, I think wisely,
respond to concreteness.  Obama's own words on this are damning enuf
... it would be great for some quotes to appear in some letters to the
NG (We are all capable of this, but I'm out of the country so I'll just
offer to help anyone who would like some help, by email.)

Thanks for posting the text(s)!
Ricky