[Peace-discuss] Why the Democrats are as they are

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:16:13 CDT 2008

No.  I think it makes the central point that discrimination on gender, race, and
class are not alike.  The first two can be overcome by reconciliation; the last,
only by the liquidation of one of the positions (not necessarily the liquidation
of the people holding the positions) -- i.e., discrimination against the
exploited by the exploiter cannot be solved by reconciliation.  That's why
defenders of the US system would much rather talk about race. --CGE