[Peace-discuss] Bush admin torture policy

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 19 10:11:29 CDT 2008

You confuse the small political elite and the parties that represent them
(Republican and Democrat) with the large majority of the population.  The US
spends about a third of of its GDP each year to manufacture the consent of that
larger group.  It works.  As a result, most Americans are substantially misled
about what the US does around the world.  If they knew, they'd be appalled --
as, you rightly point out, the draftees sent to Vietnam were when they saw it.
   They consequently revolted. The task for activists is to produce that same
consciousness today. --CGE