[Peace-discuss] Focus on the Corporation list announcement

Karen Capel kcapel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 24 13:23:23 CDT 2008

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:20:30 -0400
From: robert weissman <rob at essential.org>
To: corp-focus at lists.essential.org
Subject: [corp-focus] Focus on the Corporation list announcement

Friends:

With the column now back on a regular schedule, we'd like to build our
circulation.

If you think the corp-focus listserv is useful, interesting or amusing,
we'd appreciate it if you could forward the announcement message below
to friends, colleagues and relevant lists, and urge others to subscribe.

Thanks!

Robert Weissman

          LISTSERVE ANNOUNCEMENT: FOCUS ON THE CORPORATION

Corp-Focus is a moderated listserve which distributes the weekly column
"Focus on the Corporation," written by Robert Weissman, editor of
Multinational Monitor magazine.

To subscribe to Corp-Focus, go to
<http://lists.essential.org/mailman/listinfo/corp-focus>

Or, you can send an e-mail message to
<corp-focus-request at lists.essential.org< with "subscribe" in the subject
line of the message. (If you have any difficulty -- you shouldn't --
resend the message to <corp-focus-admin at lists.essential.org> )

Focus on the Corporation scrutinizes the multinational corporation --
the most powerful institution of our time. Once a week, it reports and
comments critically on corporate actions, plans, abuses and trends.
Written with a sharp edge and occasional irreverence, Focus on the
Corporation covers:

* Globalization and corporate power;

* The double standards which excuse corporations for behavior (e.g.,
causing injury, accepting welfare) widely considered criminal or
shameful when done by individuals;

* Trends in corporate economic blackmail and political influence,
including the use of front groups, PR campaigns and ideological crusades;

* Industry-wide efforts to escape regulation, silence critics, employ
new technologies or consolidate business among a few companies;

* Specific, extreme examples of corporate abuses: destruction of
communities, trampling of democracy, poisoning of air and water,
endangering workers; and;

* The corporatization of our culture.

You can check out back columns at <http://www.corporatepredators.org>.
To go directly to back columns, go to
<http://lists.essential.org/pipermail/corp-focus>.

Please post this notice on relevant lists, and accept our apologies for
cross-posting.