[Peace-discuss] Obama's threat

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 27 17:21:05 CDT 2008

Well put.

I think Obama has a high enough opinion of his own rhetorical skills that he
often says more or less what he thinks -- confident that he can cover sin with
smooth names.  Witness his talk about Jerusalem at AIPAC.  He thought, perhaps
rightly, that he could take a position further to the right than the
administration and yet still retain liberal approval.  It wasn't the first time
(e.g, Afghanistan, Pakistan).

As his book shows, he thinks his real talent is selling elite policies to the
plebs (even though those policies are manifestly not in their interest).  He
calls this "bringing us together"...

I think we're all bozos on this bus. --CGE