[Peace-discuss] DN!: Hersh: Congress Agreed to Bush Request...

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:00:22 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

Yeah, four more involved... but the strange and awful thing here is that it
> would have been "illegal" for these guys to squeal about those secret
> operations. Same deal in effect made it "illegal" for Durbin et al to
> divulge that they knew the "evidence" given for justification for attacking
> Iraq was bogus BEFORE the attack was carried out. Something is seriously
> amiss here (other than the players involved).
>
>  --Jenifer

Well, someone "in the know" had to leak the story to Seymour Hersh, right?

I remember when Carl was running for Congress, and he engaged the incumbent
Representative Tim Johnson on the subject of invading Iraq, or Afghanistan,
or whatever it was.  Tim kept saying that he has all this "confidential
information" indicating that invasion was justified, but of course he
couldn't reveal what it was.  Pretty convenient, it seemed to me.