[Peace-discuss] TONIGHT - Gettin’ Critical with Kai Barrow of Critical Resistance

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:01:41 CDT 2008

Thursday, May Day @ 7 p.m.
Independent Media Center

Kai Barrow of Critical Resistance will be at the IMC tonight
for an evening of information sharing and political strategizing.

Critical Resistance (CR) is currently in the throes of planning their 10th
Anniversary project—affectionately called CR10.  The scope of the project
includes a national conference in Oakland Sept. 26-28, 2008 and a series of
national "lead-up" events as an outreach, fundraising and movement-building
tool.  They are planning a listening session in Urbana with allies and
potential allies.  The purpose of this event is to hear your assessment of
the state of the "movement"—its strengths and challenges, identify current
strategies and practical experiences, and engage your vision.  We desire a
conference program that reflects the needs and ideas of the participants.

CR would be delighted to see and hear from you on.
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information about CR10, feel free to visit our website at
www.criticalresistance.org
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.