[Peace-discuss] Obama admits to war views

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Fri May 2 12:02:28 CDT 2008

Of all the (obnoxious) candidates who conceivably can win the
presidential election, Obama is the least transparent. That is, he's
the one with whom there is the most uncertainty (about how he would
govern). In that there exists a scintilla of hope.  The outlook is
bleak, but given the three candidates, the maximum hope for
progressives  lies with Obama…

This is not to say that one should vote for Obama as the best of the
bad.  Supporting a minor candidate can be justified in helping to
bring the issues  of war and peace, militarism, civil rights, racism,
health, unrestrained capitalism, environmentalism,… before the
public, —if only such a candidate can get access to the media. Will
it make a difference?

A spoiler role is unlikely, but possible. Strategic voting is called
for.

--mkb