[Peace-discuss] 4th of July parade

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri May 23 15:45:44 CDT 2008

	"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that
period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for
Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for
capitalism ... Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The
best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on
three continents."
	--Maj. Gen. S. D. Butler (1881–1940), at the time of his death, the most
decorated Marine in U.S. history, including two Medals of Honor

Maybe statements like this from our military heroes could be made large enough
to be legible form the street and displayed next to the pictures.  --CGE