[Peace-discuss] 4th of July parade

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 14:27:33 CDT 2008

My "military" heroes also include COs, Vietnam Vets Against the War, and the little girl who allegedly said, "Mr Lincoln, What if they gave a war and nobody came?" Also Eisenhower when he warned against the military-industrial complex... and even Winston Churchill at the moment he said, "The first casualty of war is truth." Lots of other good quotes along those lines... AWARE could have a buncha signs with quotes from OUR "military" leaders, as well as the Real Thing (IVAW). How 'bout a peace flag to counter all those stars and stripes?

  Nauseating theme likely to produce a pro-military parade (not counting AWARE's entry, whatever it turns out to be).
   --Jenifer

Karen Medina <kmedina at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Dear Peace-Discuss,

For the 4th of July parade (theme is "Honoring our Military Heroes"), I was thinking
that tee-shirts saying "I support Iraq Veterans Against the War" might be
appropriate.

IVAW has some tee-shirts:
http://ivaw.org/products/mojostore.php?_=list&Category=4923

Matthis Chiroux would be another hero to honor.

-karen medina