[Peace-discuss] Why Obama has to do that...

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Nov 3 12:07:48 CST 2008

A Missouri pig farmer told me once that people
need to learn how to "disagree without being disagreeable".

There are issues that can tend to divide us as a movement and
there are issues around which we can rally together.

At this juncture it is important that those of us who are opposed to war
and racism find one another and assemble ourselves together.  We may not
agree on all of the
peripheral issues like potay-toe/potahh-toe; eee-ther/eye-ther;
enn-velope/ahhnn-velope.
It makes no sense to waste our fellowship and friendship on the
peripheral issues,
provided that we can agree on the central "issues of peace that we are
all here to address".