[Peace-discuss] Support the new boss (same as the old boss...)?

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:11:36 CST 2008

I'll save everybody time.

Carl: true facts about He Who Shall Not Be Criticized.

Mort, Jenifer: You don't get it.  You're just not with it. It is
between McCain and Obama only.  When I go grocery shopping I only
choose Cheerios or Frosted Flakes because they have the best
advertising and shelf placement to ensure that most customers will
buy them. Buying Cookie Crisp and other specialty cereals are taking
away from the profits of the other two cereals.

Me: To quote Homer Simpson - "I used to be with it.  Then they
changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it.  And what's it is
new and scary to me."

It is scary and disappointing to see the anti-war movement suggesting
votes for pro-war, pro-imperialist candidates.  Being apologists for
candidates because of a "D" next to their name does a disservice to
the movement as a whole.

So, when can we start criticizing He Who Shall Not Be Criticized?
Nov. 5?  Or whenever the right wing conveniently and nicely stops
their onslaught of racist, sexist and classist bile long enough for
us to step in and criticize the "left" candidate so we can appear to
not be supporting the right wing attacks?

Smile and keep fighting,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]