[Peace-discuss] Uncle Noam on the BBC

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 6 11:12:10 CST 2008

>The Prophet [Noam] says: what matters is what people do with their
disappointment when Obama fails to meet their expectations.

I think the best thing Obama can do is hire the best cabinet possible to do the real
work and he be the negotiator between the groups. He's smart enough and there is
some evidence that he just might find the humility to do this.

He should take on one thing himself: universal healthcare would be a good choice.

My worst fear is that he appoints only centrists and the right to his cabinet. He has
a mandate to move left, but he may not be able to recognize it. He has a tendency
to overcompensate to the right.

-karen medina