FW: [Peace-discuss] Treas. Sec. Paulson on Lehrer Hour tonite

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:38:02 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM, LAURIE SOLOMON <LAURIE at advancenet.net>wrote:

Of course the follow-up question to Paulson should have been, can you prove
> that?  It would have been interesting to see him attempt to demonstrate the
> counterfactual rather than letting his suggest undemonstratable assertion
> as
> factual.

Now, now, Laurie!  Mr. Paulson is an EDUCATED man!  He went to GRADUATE
school...at both Harvard and Oxford, I think.  Surely he wouldn't attempt to
demonstrate the undemonstrable!

:-)

I'm reminded of watching "American Experience" just last night, on the
presidency of LBJ.  As he agonized over Viet Nam, his advisers were mostly
Harvard men with graduate degrees.  He had gone to some small teacher's
college in West Texas.  Despite his success in politics and his obvious
common sense, LBJ always felt just a bit intimidated by the Harvard men with
their theories and their "data".

Ugh.