FW: [Peace-discuss] Treas. Sec. Paulson on Lehrer Hour tonite

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Fri Nov 14 14:23:30 CST 2008

Of course, Paulson, unlike the Harvard men who intimidated LBJ, did not
offer any data to support his contention - much less even hint at it.  As
his past claims for his proposals illustrate, his graduate training appears
to have enhanced his ability to engage in the preparation of  fictional
documents, to live in a virtual and unrealistic life style of the rich and
famous, and to hallucinate in the tradition of Timothy Leary but without the
drugs (or maybe with them). Colin Powell attempted to demonstrate the
undemonstratable in the UN; and he has an MBA,  was the darling of the
Amerikan elite and politicians - like Petraus is today, and was a military
general who served as the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and assumable
played a significant role in doing realistic military planning as well as
administrative activities on a very large scale.  Moreover, he did his
attempt at demonstrating the undemonstratable after having accumulated less
personal wealth than Paulson, which can be taken to mean he performed his
attempt at it a lower take-home rate than is the case for the current Sec.
of the Treasury.

From: John W. [mailto:jbw292002 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 1:38 PM
To: LAURIE SOLOMON
Cc: peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Subject: Re: FW: [Peace-discuss] Treas. Sec. Paulson on Lehrer Hour tonite

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM, LAURIE SOLOMON <LAURIE at advancenet.net>
wrote:

Of course the follow-up question to Paulson should have been, can you prove
that?  It would have been interesting to see him attempt to demonstrate the
counterfactual rather than letting his suggest undemonstratable assertion as
factual.

Now, now, Laurie!  Mr. Paulson is an EDUCATED man!  He went to GRADUATE
school...at both Harvard and Oxford, I think.  Surely he wouldn't attempt to
demonstrate the undemonstrable!

:-)

I'm reminded of watching "American Experience" just last night, on the
presidency of LBJ.  As he agonized over Viet Nam, his advisers were mostly
Harvard men with graduate degrees.  He had gone to some small teacher's
college in West Texas.  Despite his success in politics and his obvious
common sense, LBJ always felt just a bit intimidated by the Harvard men with
their theories and their "data".

Ugh.