[Peace-discuss] FW: Obama's Use of Complete Sentences Alienates Americans, Smacks of Elitism

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sun Nov 23 11:08:45 CST 2008

Hmmm!  I am not sure what you are referring to when you ask for my
suggestions.   I think that I gave some of my suggestions explicitly to Dave
Johnson in response tone of  his post a little while ago and  to others less
explicitly in response to similar requests.

How about starting now to organize and mobilize a future general strike
closing down the government, country, and economy if Obama does not deliver
on progressive demands in a significant way within the first 1-2 years of
his administration and make this as a threat to back up petitions and
requests that the progressives and left is making?  How about demanding
progressives and leftists be appointed to significant official posts,
nominated for judgeships, and put on task forces under the threat of
negative sanctions such as direct actions on the streets ala the 1960s  if
it is not done (of course, you will need to have those sanctions in place
for potential implementation  and seriously threaten to use them  to make
them be a threat)?

Of course, one might try the indirect route of threatening to withhold
support from  and actually work against the local Democratic party and its
candidates if they do not put strong pressure accompanied with negative
sanctions for non-performance on the State office holders to strong pressure
accompanied with negative sanctions for non-performance on federal
legislators (Congresspersons) to strongly pressure accompanied with negative
sanctions for non-performance the Obama administration (e.g., by the
withholding of Congressional support for his Administration and their
legislative programs and appointments) unless Obama and his administration
appoint  progressives and leftists to positions of authority and power,
implement progressive policies and actions desired and suggested by the
progressive community, etc.

Again petitioning and making demands or suggestions alone will not cut it;
this is especially true if such things are filtered through the existing
transition team and appointees.  One needs a stick to go along with the
carrot; and that stick is not  voting behavior at the next election.