[sf-core] RE: [Peace-discuss] FW: Obama's Use of Complete Sentences Alienates Americans, Smacks of Elitism

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 23 13:04:08 CST 2008

Laurie,

I agree 100 % with your suggested tactics, both the direct and the indirect !

What I initially stated ( about the advantage of having the high expectations for REAL change from a huge segment of the population and using this as a means to begin making demands NOW on Obama's cabinet appointments and near future policy ) is a first " baby step " to get people to begin to act, and more importently to find out for themselves that it will fail. That they will be ignored by Obama and his staff.

But I can't even get most people who call themselves " progressives " or even some who consider themselves " Leftists ", to even consider this.
Their response is ; " give Obama a chance ", or " we should wait until after the innaguration ".
This is reflected at the national level as well, by people like David Corn of Mother Jones Magazine, as well as the Nation and the Progressive.

The last time a democratic president (or any president for that matter ) made any changes of significance, was FDR.
But the ONLY reason that FDR made the changes that he did, was because we had a near revolutionary situation in the country at the time. One third of the country unemployed with no unemployment benefits, another third under employed, and THREE general strikes in 1934- in San Francisco, Toledo, and Minneapolis.
Hence FDR didn't make the changes for the benefit of the people, but instead to save capitalism from a revolution.

Unfortunately things will probably have to get as bad as they were in the early 1930's before people begin to even consider taking the action that needs to be done to make significant changes for the better.

It shouldn't have to get to that point, especially if so called " progressives " and " Leftists " would wake-up from their denial and get their heads out of their asses, and start making demands loud and clear upon the Obama administration, so that most of the people in this country will see crystal clear that the Obama people have NO intentions of implementing the will of the people.

Then  begin making preperations and initiating the actions that will need to be done.

David Johnson