[Peace-discuss] taxes for school

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 23 15:19:16 CDT 2008

Karen writes "society pays for those uneducated adults...with higher crime
rates..." But a higher price yet is prison camps for patriots, which is
where we're going if voters don't know something of history and the
constitution. We worked hard for universal suffrage, and continue to have
to fight for the right to vote. What we bought with this is an obligation
to see to it that public schooling exists and works well.

If the sales tax actually increased education funding, I'd be for it and
pay it gladly. But I have my doubts that it will increase education funding.

Bob