[Peace-discuss] taxes for school

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 23 14:32:30 CDT 2008

Wayne:>A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves.

Too true.

W> tell the children that it is their responsibility to
>educate themselves.  So far we are pleased.

You have good kids and you are good parents. I especially like the getting rid of
the television and just reading over the summer. Oh! the number of books they
read is staggering!

But not all kids have such opportunities and such parents. And society pays for
those uneducated adults -- we pay with higher crime rates, with having to work
and live with uneducated neighbors, with ... So better to pay for education than
to pay for uneducated adults.

Bob Illyes wrote the following:
> it's for education it must be good" thinking was rampant.

>> Universal suffrage requires public education. But the failures of
>> public education are staggering.

> the republic is in serious peril.

I think we should bring the troops home (get rid of the jobs that they occupy as
well as bring them home).

Open up jobs for educators.
Open up jobs for mental health workers.
Open up jobs for printing the Bill of Rights and discussion leading.