[Peace-discuss] FW: Republican Claims Million $ War Chest Against Kucinich

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:00:12 CDT 2008

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:10:21 -0400
From: reply at kucinichforcongress.com
To: mattreichel at hotmail.com
Subject: Republican Claims Million $ War Chest Against Kucinich

        Republican Claims Million $ War Chest Against Kucinich
        Dear Friends,
        A few days ago, Republican Party operatives circulated  literature in the neighborhoods of Cleveland claiming that my Republican  opponent, the former GOP county chairman, "will have a million dollar war  chest" to try to defeat me in November. That's an outcome that Republican party  leaders boast will show "how the mighty Cuyahoga County GOP slew the dragon of  liberalism in 2008."
        I need your help now to withstand this corporate  neo-conservative onslaught.
        The same people who raised almost a million dollars to try  to defeat me in the primary election are at it again in the general election.  And these are exactly the same people who devised and directed the blatant  voter suppression activities in 2004 that led to George Bush's victory in Ohio.  That's when my opponent acknowledged to the New York Times that he was  personally assembling an army of specially trained recruits to challenge  "The organized left's efforts to, quote unquote, register voters - I call them ringers"  and even  challenge mentally disabled voters at the polls!
        The Republican candidate attacks me for saying George Bush  should be impeached and for calling for a withdrawal from Iraq. He stands with  the insurance companies on health care, the pharmaceutical companies on  Medicare prescription drugs, the oil and coal companies on energy, the defense  contractors on national security, and the neo-conservative wing on a host of  social issues.
        It is true that I have led the effort for impeachment. I  believe our very nation is at risk from a President and Vice President who have  virtually shredded the Constitution. I have put forth three impeachment  proposals to defend our civil
          liberties and our national honor. And, as you know, six  years ago I led the effort to try to stop the Bush Administration from starting  a war against Iraq.
        I want to return to Congress to continue my work for peace,  for a not-for-profit health care system, for jobs for all, for education for  all, and for sustainable energy systems. I want to restore our Constitutional  rights!
        At this moment, it is not be possible to withstand a million  dollar attack by these neo-conservatives. I need your help. Please contribute  at www.kucinich.us now.
        Or  send a check to:

          Re-Elect Congressman Kucinich Committee

          PO Box 110475

          Cleveland, OH 44111

        Or call (216) 252-9000; toll free, (877) 933-6647
        I need your help. Thank you for your continued support.

Dennis J Kucinich

          www.Kucinich.us

216-252-9000   877-933-6647

        PO Box 110475 | Cleveland | OH | 44111 | 216-252-9000

Forward email

This email was sent to mattreichel at hotmail.com by reply at kucinichforcongress.com.

Re-Elect Congressman Kucinich Committee | PO Box 110475 | Cleveland | OH | 44111