[Peace-discuss] Neo-con ridicule of the "Paultards"

Ron Szoke r-szoke at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 10 11:59:38 CDT 2008

Here's a Weekly Standard article about the Ron Paul gathering in Minneapolis.
The general tone & genre is routine cutesy-smartass putdown of the weirdos &
misfits who hold deviant political views.

-- Ron
----------------

Among the Paultards
Even they are ashamed of their candidate's supporters.
by Matt Labash
Weekly Standard  09/15/2008, Volume 014, Issue 01

Minneapolis
While the press often considers the Ron Paul movement to be chock-full of
cranks, wackos, and conspiracy theorists, I take a more nuanced view. For me,
the Ron Paul Revolution is like a cozy winter fire. From a distance, the crackling
flames of individual liberty and freethinking libertarianism take the chill off
sterile two-party politics. But get too near the searing embers, and they will
cause blistering, profuse sweating, and all-around general discomfort.
. . .

Article URL is
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/538nx
umh.asp?pg=1