[Peace-discuss] We agree with Ron Paul: McKinney, Baldwin, Nader

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Sep 10 13:58:10 CDT 2008

You did however establish that such a press conference did occur.

Now you only have to find out whether or not Nader subscribes to the "We
Agree"
statement released by the Campaign for Liberty (C4L) on his behalf.  If
you find out that
Nader did not agree to the statement, I and others can promise that we
will pursue the C4L
with much intensity and vigour if a misleading statement has been made.

I too was a bit surprised that Nader would agree to statements about the
Federal
Reserve, but really I dont know so much about Nader.

I grew up on a farm and was rather put off by Naderite consumerism and
all of the safety interlocks that his
activism engendered.  We really didnt want to hear a buzzer everytime we
open the
door on a farm truck and Nader was summarily cursed at each instance of
such buzzing.  It was a pain
in the backside to saw out the catalytic convertors and disable all of
the interlocks just
to get a functional truck, so we on the farm werent likely to be big
Nader fans.

All that aside, the Constitution doesnt provide for a federal reserve
bank.  The Fed prints money
to fund the warmongering in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, where
next?, that most of us oppose.
The Fed devalues our currency and causes inflation in the process.
Monetary Policy is deeper digging than most Americans want, but I can
believe that even Nader
is educable on monetary policy.

What we need to be about is coalition building on the important issues
that threaten us.
If we can make progress on important matters by working together on
major points like opposition
to interventionism in american foreign policy, then we might make some
progress.

Wayne