[Peace-discuss] We agree with Ron Paul: McKinney, Baldwin, Nader

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Sep 10 20:45:43 CDT 2008

"Members of the Federal Reserve who rushed to their dictionaries for a
definition of "transparency"
must have felt an artic chill when the words "readily understandable,
obvious, without guile" popped up"

ar_c_tic...

but I had to go to the online dictionary to look up "guffaw" after I
read this.

***

In other news, Barack Obama has compared the selection of Sarai Palin to
"putting lipstick on a pig".  Rumour is that the National Swine Improvement
Federation (www.nsif.com <http://www.nsif.com>) will be demanding an
apology.

C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> [...]
>>> tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for
>>> corporations that
>>> spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must
>>> reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements
>>> and
>>> excessive use of executive orders.
>>>
>>>    The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in
>>> the
>>> national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is
>>> unjust
>>> and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We
>>> must pay
>>> our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future
>>> generation.
>>>
>>>    The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation
>>> and
>>> audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the
>>> banking, corporate, and other The arbitrary power to create money
>>> and credit
>>> out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial
>>> interests
>>> must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations
>>> and no
>>> corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for
>>> their crimes and frauds. financial institutions.
>>>
>>> Barr agrees with all of that. It's a coup for Paul, who has settled
>>> into a
>>> role as the patron saint of political outcasts. He introduced the
>>> candidates
>>> as representatives of the real American majority. "Most people are
>>> voting
>>> for the lesser of two evils!" Ralph Nader took the sentiment further,
>>> arguing that lousy media coverage and trivia "like the newest one,
>>> Lipstickgate!" was preventing the average voter from learning how he
>>> agreed
>>> with these four candidates. As weird as the event got, this was really
>>> something: Ralph Nader, old-time contributer to the Freeman, signing
>>> on to a
>>> libertarian candidate's principles. Cynthia McKinney and Chuck Baldwin
>>> agreeing on the bulk of a political platform.
>>>
>>> But it did get weird. There was no censorship of the candidates.
>>> Cynthia
>>> McKinney had time to tell press to watch the film American Blackout and
>>> learn how the 2000 and 2004 elections were stolen. Chuck Baldwin
>>> repeated
>>> his line that when he's elected "the New World Order comes crashing
>>> down!"
>>>
>>> A few more details:
>>>
>>> - Paul said that the McCain campaign contacted him on Tuesday about
>>> endorsing the GOP candidate. He turned them down, again.
>>>
>>> - Paul lambasted the Commission on Presidential Debates for
>>> excluding third
>>> parties and recalled the way that his was excluded from Dukakis-Bush
>>> 20 years ago. (Those wounds never heal. Who hasn't wondered what he