[Peace-discuss] Fw: Message from Senator Barack Obama

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Sep 23 21:07:04 CDT 2008

Jenifer Cartwright wrote:
> For my part, I will continue to push for a new course in Iraq that
> immediately begins a safe and orderly withdrawal of our combat troops,
> that changes our military mission to focus on training and
> counter-terrorism, that turns the management of this conflict over to
> the Iraqis, and that */focuses our military efforts on the real
> threats facing our countr/y*. I hope you will stay in touch in the
> days ahead.
I hope you will write back to the Senator in the days ahead and
enquire for some details on what he considers to be military efforts
that should be focused on the real threats facing our country.

 From my point of view the real threats are domestic not foreign.
However, I am interested to know just exactly what unconstitutional
pre-emptive foreign war of aggression it is that the Senator wants to
get us into.