[Peace-discuss] "No bailout!" rally -- not Thu 9/25 from me, anyway, but soon

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 25 13:10:55 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:22:38AM -0500, Stewart Dickson wrote:
> I'll be there -- Neil and University works for me.  -Stewart

After discussing it with Barbara last night, I think we won't
end up doing a No Bailout rally this (Thu) afternoon, after all.
Barbara and Karen were the only other people to respond, and there's
little time to make signs or spread publicity.

As Barbara pointed out, this should be an extremely live issue still
next week -- there was talk on NPR this morning of token changes
being proposed which might mollify enough in Congress that we might
yet see a terrible giveaway bill get passed.

Questions:

** If we did something early next week, likewise in late afternoon
   of a weekday, who would be interested?

*** Another possibility would be some busy area, like One Main or
    the North Prospect desert, *this weekend*.  A lot of people
    would see us especially on North Prospect.

    If a second-sketch bailout proposal comes out
    of Washington in the next day or two, we might have more to say
    (as in, Tell your congresspeople not to agree to this one either!)