[Peace-discuss] U of I ethics says employees cannot wearpoliticalbuttons

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:29:19 CDT 2008

Wendy Edwards wrote: >   Yeah, I personally don't feel that it's appropriate
>   to wear controversial buttons or T-shirts to work,
>   but it still seems bizarre that the U is trying to
>   regulate this.

I think almost anything could be controversial. A wedding ring could be
controversial to some. Clothing with a zipper or buttonholes could be. The color
red or pink, or green or orange could all be controversial. "Controversial" is in the
eye of the beholder.

-karen medina