[Peace-discuss] Will this Bush lie fly?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 28 15:15:04 CDT 2008

Instructed helplessness, maybe. A trillion dollars spent every year in the US on
marketing have some effect.

Under those circumstances, it's remarkable how many Americans hold to a social
democratic/New Deal politics -- especially since they don't hear major political
figures or the media even considering it.

And of course the bailout decision is being taken remarkably undemocratically.
In the event of an actual democracy in the US, it wouldn't happen.  --CGE