[Peace-discuss] McCain, the peace candidate (on Pakistan)

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Sep 28 15:21:45 CDT 2008

- for clarity's sake---below the news release I quoted.
Neither Obama nor McCain nor their running mates support _/*ANY*/_ of
these 4 vital principles which
I personally believe should be important to and supported by the
majority of Americans.

The four candidates - Independent Ralph Nader, the Green nominee Cynthia
McKinney, the Constitution Party's Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian
Party's Bob Barr along with Ron Paul agreed on the following four key
principles:

*Foreign Policy:*
The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our
soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers
from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire
Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and
plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with
Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and
offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must
take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

*Privacy:*
We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US
jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the
Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the
notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret
tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations
that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We
must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing
statements and excessive use of executive orders.

*The National Debt:*
We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The
burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already
threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our
bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future
generation.

*The Federal Reserve:*
We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal
Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate,
and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money
and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of
commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts
of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be
aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.